SUMMARY (Job Overview)
The middleware engineer is responsible for hosting, deployment, monitoring and managing web, application servers and other dependent software and hardware. Provide 24x7 support for the middleware applications and infrastructure. Be on a monthly On-Call schedule to support Production environment after business hours. Keeping all infrastructure and middleware components up-to-date with latest patches. Coordinate deployments across Production and Non-Production environments through predefined process. Work in close proximity to application, business teams and Vendors. Help business and application teams to triage and resolve technical issues with WebLogic and infrastructure impacting their application.
· Support the design and development of J2EE systems that host WebLogic and monitoring infrastructure
· Monitor health, and provide problem resolution that includes the diagnosis and root cause analysis of application and server issues with the various tools like Wily/OEM and Tivoli.
· Support standard software maintenance, and application deployments to prod and non-prod environments by following project management office guidelines.
· Provide high-level technical assistance to application development teams with deployments and
· Provide support for Middleware related problems, including HTTP Servers, WebLogic Servers including Oracle WebLogic and other Fusion middleware tools.
· Identify and successfully troubleshoot problems. Work across EHS teams to ensure problems get resolved.
· Monitor infrastructure capacity. Provide capacity analysis and recommend J2EE, Database, and OS turning and upgrade recommendations
· Perform related duties as required and provide off-hours support for Middleware related issues.
· Provide training to colleagues and Participate in Disaster Recovery efforts
· Support the implementation of EHS performance SLAs through support of volume/stress testing and capacity management
· Implement automation of systems administration and software migration for QA and Production
· Develop relationships with QA and development organizations and establish application turnover procedures and process enhancements
· Provide architecture and configuration recommendations to ensure deployed environments are WebLogic best practice and J2EE compliant
· Provide technical assistance to agency users and other agency personnel throughout the Commonwealth on technical, professional and/or administrative matters
· Evaluate other Oracle and IBM tools, and support them as necessary
· Available for off-hour deployments and provide 24x7 on-call production support on a rotation basis
REQUIRED SKILLS (Special skill set, Abilities, Knowledge)
· Strong experience with Oracle WebLogic Server (Enterprise Edition) 11g and 12c Administration
· Good experience with any Identity, authentication and authorization systems.
· Experience in securely handling PHI data and infrastructure hosting PHI.
· Experience with design, installation configuration, testing, migration and implementation of Oracle WebLogic and IBM MQ on Linux, AIX, and Windows platforms.
· Strong knowledge of J2EE Architecture, WebLogic Application server, Apache WebServer
· Detailed understanding of WebLogic Application Server Clustering for High Availability
· Installation and management of security certificates
· Scripting skills to automate jobs using WLST scripting
· Good understanding and experience with network infrastructure for e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, Firewall, router, load balancer etc.
· Independent, confident, self-learning and proactive approach to troubleshooting and resolving issues
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Years of Experience, Certificates)
· Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
· 7+ years of IT experience with at least 4+ years of WebLogic administration
· Preferred: Certification in J2EE Application servers and AWS hosting.