The Massachusetts Health Insurance Exchange (HIX) is the health insurance marketplace for Massachusetts. It allows individuals and small businesses to shop for and enroll in partially subsidized or non-subsidized insurance based on a side-by-side comparison of plans. The HIX Program team is committed to creating and maintaining a best-in-class HIX system that will meet or exceed federal ACA requirements, maximize flexibility, minimize the technical and operational support burden, dynamically adapt to changing rules, policies and legislation, and set a new standard in consumer ease of use and satisfaction.
The Implementation Lead will support the BA and certain project management activities of key programmatic initiatives in existing and emerging systems ensuring that the deliverable is in line with the Program’s goals and objectives. The candidate, working with key stakeholders, will participate/lead requirements gathering sessions and produce/review high quality requirements documents, test cases other deliverables as required, ensuring that accurate functionality is delivered to the Agencies in a smoothly and timely manner. An ideal candidate would also have solid foundation in project management, in order to work closely with the Program leadership to provide support in managing various road-mapped and ad hoc initiative/activities.
JOB DUTIES: (KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Develop requirements gathering plans, considering the complexity and urgency, availability of SMEs and development staff, lead time needed for development and testing staff, and other factors
- Determine logistics and workflow for requirements management in terms of how they are documented, loaded into requirements management tools, produced in deliverables and more.
- Lead JAR/JAD workshops with business SMEs, developers, testers, and BSAs to analyze business processes, workflows, business rules, events, triggers, roles, integrated systems, data flows, and other aspects and clearly and concisely document business requirements and functional designs supporting MA HIX system enhancement
- Produce high quality Business Requirements Documents (BRDs) and Functional Designs (FDs) that concisely define solution requirements and functional designs within releases
- Develop user stories for Business Requirements for new features/enhancements and changes to existing feature.
- Mentor and lead BA’s and business SME’s in elaborating and documenting business requirements and functional designs using best practices
- Engage with stakeholders to elaborate solution alternatives in response to scope changes from change requests and produce updated BRDs and FDs, as needed
- Publish/Review Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) mapping requirements and test cases to ensure complete test coverage against in-scope requirements and designs in BRDs and FDs.
- Support project management activities to maintain, update and report on project activities and schedule.
- Proactively understand the critical interplay between scope, schedule and quality to develop project plans in alignment with the Program’s strategic plans and objectives.
- Establish timelines, coordinate/collaborate with stakeholders to ensure appropriate support is provided during a release/implementation.
- Escalate and track issues including resource requirements and interdependencies as needed. When targets are not on track, develop root cause analysis and implement action plan to correct.
- Assess and manage risks to implementation plans and provide recommendations to mitigate them.
- Proactively review existing processes and if required, recommend process changes that would benefit the program.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE)
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 5-7 years of IT applications experience as a Business Analyst and solid foundation in core project management.
· Excellent communication skills and experience in supporting technical and non-technical staff
· Strong background in developing trust and confidence in relationships with Clients and cross-functional teams; experience coordinating and fulfilling requests for internal/external changes.
· Experience identifying, creating and demonstrating goals, metrics, and objectives.
· Demonstrated expertise in information systems, business operations, requirements analysis, and integration/design of client solutions.
· Ability and skill to influence personnel through a matrix organization as well as through a line management authority; Ability to participate with upper management in a decision support mode through the development of appropriate management information.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, knowledge of SharePoint, JIRA and ALM a plus
· PMP preferred.