1. Research and Analysis:
? Conduct in-depth research and analysis of core mainframe banking systems to understand their functionalities, processes, and data structures.
? Collaborate with business stakeholders to ensure appropriate understanding of current state features and capabilities
? Analyze legacy and modern data using appropriate data analysis tools to extract insights and identify patterns or trends.
2. Documentation and Communication:
? Prepare detailed documentation, including functional specifications, system designs, process flows, and technical specifications, for mainframe banking systems.
? Create comprehensive user guides and training materials to facilitate the understanding and usage of mainframe banking systems.
? Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders to present findings, explain complex processes, and address any questions or concerns.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
• Proven experience as a Business Systems Analyst working with mainframe banking systems.
• Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with mainframe technologies, including COBOL, Assembler, JCL, SQL, and other relevant tools.
• Familiarity with core banking functionalities such as checking accounts, savings accounts, CD's, IRA's, and Debit Cards.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to learn complex processes quickly and identify areas for improvement.
• Experience in data analysis and working with legacy and modern data analysis tools is highly desired.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, effectively managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.